Eat Drink and be Merry
The 4th of July is one of my personal favorites. This holiday is about friends, family, fireworks and eating. My backyard has always been a gathering place for the neighborhood 4th of July Party. Here are 5 quick tips to having a fun and safe 4th.
5 Tips For A Successful 4th
- Activities. Have something for everyone to do. Activities are important for every age group. Our hot tub becomes the kiddie pool, then transforms to the adult lounge as the night progresses. Bocci Ball is an easy and fun game that any age can play. Throw in a tournament and everyone gets excited.
- Food. Need I say more? Break out the BBQ and have everyone bring something. Need an idea on what to bring? Check out these great reciepies from allrecipes.com
- Drinks. Make sure you have everything from water to a box of wine. Coolers outside full of ice with beer and soda will alleviate the traffic to the fridge and keep the garbage outside. Always try to make one specialty adult drink you can mix up in large amounts. That will keep your uncle out of your good liquor.
- Plenty of Seating. Make everyone bring chairs! If people can’t sit they can’t get comfortable. Have plenty of make shift tables set up so people can eat all night.
- Fireworks. Don’t break the bank, and don’t blow up the neighbor’s house. The truth is your firework display will not rival the Griswald’s, and after a few fountain, most people will get bored. Buy fewer fireworks, but good ones. No matter what age, sparklers are always a success.